We assess and diagnose clients for a range of mental illnesses and disorders in order to support and plan treatment and management for those issues.
The reasons why people come to see us are varied and include:
- Psychological disorders: Depression, anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, sleep disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, eating disorders, personality disorders, post-natal depression, phobias, substance misuse and addiction.
- Medical conditions: Chronic pain or illnesses, which may have psychological components maintaining them.
- Stress: Work stress, relationship stress, family stress, grief, dissatisfaction with life.
- Major life changes: Parenting, separation and divorce, blending families, loss of a loved one, career change, retirement.
- Preventative: Enhancing resilience and coping skills to improve psychological functioning and prevent mental health problems from arising.
- Children, Teens and Families: Bullying and social problems, behavioural problems, anxiety, family conflict.